Head of Channel Sales
Web.com is one the most dynamic, fastest growing companies serving small business on the internet since 1997. The company now has over 4 million small business customers with revenues of approximately $600 million. Web.com separates itself from the competition through its comprehensive product offerings and personal customer service. Web.com provides a full range of Internet services to small businesses to help them compete and succeed online. Web.com is a global domain registrar and further meets the needs of small businesses anywhere along their lifecycle with affordable, subscription-based solutions including website design and management, search engine optimisation, online marketing campaigns, social media, and eCommerce solutions.
The Web.com International business team is based in the UK and services several high value partnerships internationally. The growth and evolution of key channel partnerships, and their successful integration into the product and fulfillment teams are a key responsibility and Web.com is recruiting a Head of Channel Sales to manage and grow this exciting part of the business while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
The Head of Channel Sales is responsible for creating, driving, and delivering the overall channel sales strategy and targets for the partner product and solutions portfolio. This is a game- changing role. Reporting into the UK Territory Director, the ideal candidate will have experience with both indirect and direct sales models; proven experience using incentive pay structures to drive required sales performance; and the demonstrated ability to introduce and institutionalize aligned change into the organization — new ways of doing business; new mindsets; new processes; new culture. The successful candidate will drive a high-performing channel with a “roll-up your sleeves” action-oriented mindset and accountability to execute the function and deliver margin-rich revenue.
- Align the overall business strategy and product road map to effectively execute a Go-To-Market sales strategy. This requires a deep understanding of the strategic business direction; strong ability to influence channel partners; proven ability to bring on new partners; experience with and understanding of the direct selling model; and the ability to champion the overall product and solutions portfolio.
- Work with the technical and product teams to identify and deploy suitable product sets for third party channel revenue growth, aligning with internal fulfillment and support teams to provide an end to end service solution for key channel partners.
- Provide timely, well thought out forecasts — by product/solution and geography — to multiple stakeholders and business leaders. Where needed, refine and define forecasting processes.
- Establish effective, professional relationships with Regional Sales and Distribution Managers and their sales teams to drive a great customer/partner experience.
- Ensure partners adopt company programs and meet expectations relative to pipeline development, technical capabilities, support functions, and other commercial practices.
- Work effectively across the company and cross-departmentally to create solid connections, leverage networks, and produce opportunities.
- Manage any potential channel conflicts by fostering excellent communication and adhering to rules of engagement.
- Manage and modify the partner contractual process internally with legal team and externally with the partner as needed.
- Accurately set, manage, and meet revenue targets.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and ensure the best use of resources.
- Support presentations, trade shows, partner events, and other industry events as required.
- Exhibit and promote company core values of teamwork; transparency; integrity; respect; and responsible corporate citizenship.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achieve sales quota and revenue targets.
- Granular understanding of P&L with a track record of delivering above quota
- Meet assigned expectations for profitability.
- Review and own accountability for partner plans.
- Maintain high partner/customer satisfaction ratings.
- Create an effective work environment and clear current communication for colleagues.
- Effectively addresses performance gaps – “upping” the bar for performance excellence year over year
- Direct and channel software and/or digital sales experience.
- Understanding of online directory, wholesale domain name, websites and other digital marketing services preferable.
- Experience working on a global scale.
- Proven success in a highly-leveraged sales model including business development, partner management and business planning.
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing effective partnership relationships.
- Experience implementing cutting-edge, innovative partnership sales strategies that get results.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed revenue targets.
- Experience in effectively managing complex negotiations.
- Ability to think and work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including presenting, and the ability to clearly communicate complex ideas in ways that simplify and engage.
- A seasoned team leader / people manager, with the ability to motivate and provide direction to a high performing team, as well as hire market-leading talents
- Exhibits sound business judgment and high integrity; a proven ability to positively influence others; strong analytical skills and business acumen; and a proven track record of taking ownership, driving action, and meeting commitments.
- A strategic leader/thinker; strong customer/partner focus; the ability to build sound trusted relationships; a judicious risk-taker; comfortable with ambiguity; possess solid planning/organizational skills; and be effective at managing systems, processes, and people. Be computer savvy and sales system proficient.
- Ability to work effectively with peers and cross-functionally is critical, and organizational agility is a necessity.
- Strong professional presence with high credibility.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally with frequency.
- Commercial sales leadership experience with strong background in delivering against revenue targets
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Able to tolerate stress and thrive against tight timescales
The successful candidate will be a self starter, highly organised and capable of working with several stakeholders both internally and externally to deliver against revenue goals. They will have the right people skills to be able to engage with several layers of seniority within the various stakeholder organisations, and excellent communication and time management.
The Head of Channel Sales will play a key role in the growth and evolution of a dynamic and exciting digital marketing services team, supporting large organisations to implement their go to market strategy for digital revenues, and sharing success through revenue growth and developing long term relationships with channel partners.
To download a PDF version of the job specification please click here.
Please submit CVs for consideration below or via email to email@example.com